It’s a nice place to visit, but I’d rather live there! Our City Settler services are focused on making assignees’ transitions to China as easy as possible by equipping them and their families with all the information they’ll need to feel at home fast. Each expatriation is different and we don’t believe in generic programs so every Settling In Program is entirely customized to suit a particular assignee’s needs.
A 1-3 day program cannot answer every question that will arise during the settling-in process, so all of our clients receive personal follow-ups throughout their time in China and Hong Kong, invitations to Ark Coffee Club events, and updates on relevant local information that affects them.
Settling In Services Can Include:
- An introduction to relevant recreational facilities and clubs
- An introduction to furniture and soft finishing shops
- An introduction to language schools
- Help setting up a local bank account
- Connection of utilities and local mobile phone
- An introduction to the area around the new home, including nearby shopping, dry cleaning,
- Transportation, wining and dining, and kids’ activities
- Assistance finding domestic helpers
- Assistance hiring a car and driver
- Help obtaining a Chinese driving license